Computer Equipment Check-Out Procedure
Fixed Assets --- Procedures
November 1, 1997
Dock personnel are required to:
- Receive computer equipment shipments from vendors.
- Open shipment boxes, remove computer equipment and make a
physical examination to ensure that the contents match the
- Affix the next available Asset ID Number (tag number) (bar
code label) to the right-hand side of the computer equipment.
- Complete the manufacturer's name, model, serial number and
Asset ID Number (tag number) columns of the "Equipment
Information" area of the DB Technology Equipment
Responsibility Form for each type of equipment received.
- Complete the requester's name, personnel number, telephone
number (with extension), location and department number of the
"Assignment Information" area of the DB Technology
Equipment Responsibility Form.
- Create a receiver for the laptop.
- Place the computer equipment in a locking compartment for
- Contact the requester by phone or e-mail and inform him or
her that their computer equipment can be picked up at the
- Instruct the requester to fill out the applicable portions of
the DB Technology Equipment Responsibility Form.
- Sign the Main Dock Cosigned line when the requester picks up
the computer equipment.
- Release the computer equipment to the requester.
- Make a photocopy of the DB Technology Equipment
Responsibility Form for the dock's files. A photocopy may also
be given to the requester, if asked.
- Forward the original, signed DB Technology Equipment
Responsibility Form to the Human Resources Department and a
copy to the Fixed Assets Manager within 24 hours.
The requester is required to:
- Sign and date the DB Technology Equipment Responsibility Form
at the time of pick-up, indicating receipt of the requested
- Observe and comply with the Notebook Computer Usage
Guidelines, as printed on the DB Technology Equipment
- The Human Resources Department is required to:
- Receive and place original, signed DB Technology Equipment
Responsibility Forms in the appropriate requester's personnel
Contact Us |
Site Map |
Surveys | Links |